Thursday, February 7, 2013

Feb 4, 2013. Long Run

There's nothing better than a long run in the mountain. Started warming up, at an easy pace and soon I got so deep in my mind the time went by like the wind. My steps, my rythm, my breathing, the wind, nature, the effort in my body.... I reached the 6ish mile and went on for 20 more minutes. Took some pictures at that point, then headed back. Nice pace, nice view, a little too much people. We need to learn how to handle this if we run at a national park that turns into a gigantic bar during a day off work. Soon I took a look at the time and I was over the goal by 10 minutes. 2:40, and some 2 miles ahead to go... So, in knowledge of what I must do, now that I'm still adding up miles towards an everyday closer peak, I stopped and went on walking to the car. The total was 15.43 miles.

Nothing better than a run within ourselves. Deep within... Run within.

No comments:

Post a Comment