Sunday, February 24, 2013

Feb 23-24. Hell

So, where is my energy, my determination, my stamina, my strength? After a week loaded with stress, a return to anaerobic training, leaving an aerobic base of more than 3 months, my body said "no more" yesterday and today. Situations like this have been very disappointing for me since I was a kid and I was passed and left behind walking on the mountain.

Going after a 150k ride yesterday, I completed 104 at a great pace, lots of hills completing 2600 m ttl ascent, well that's it... The sacrifice began, and soon it became suffering. Left behind, my mind starts the fight... But then that feeling in the middle of a hill, that when you know a cramp is on its way, one more pedaling, there it is again... "It must go away" you think, and try to stretch the leg in the pedaling cycle.... Well it didn't. Big cramp in the left quad, gotta stop... Big cramp on the right quad... This is it. There's no pint in trying to continue. I can get hurt. I can't keep on my feet, my legs are not holding my weight. The cramps are still there... Sitting on the bike frame, I get in the car... I called it a day.

I don't usually do this, I never get in the car, I never stop.

Long run today.. I was supposed to run 3 hrs... I did not want to look at the watch... Decent pace... so thinking i would be well over 2 hrs, i did...1:37!!!! My mind betrays me.... the energy is going away... 2:00.... This is it. No more.

Dehydration during the ride? Was I too focused speeding that I forgot to hydrate correctly? Not enough food I know that. Too much during the week?

I need to fix this. This is not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment